Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I beat my update goal!!


I made a goal to update before an entire year went by and well, here it is! (For you Crystal and Britt, my 2 readers)


We moved last month, YAY! We totally are in love with everything about our new area. Our home, our community, our proximity to the beach. We love San Clemente. We invested in some super cool beach cruisers and we ride everywhere. We rode out to dinner for date night. I rode solo to the post office. We go on family rides on the best beach trail ever. We can go right and go to Trestles beach, or go left and ride to the pier. We can go right from our house too, no need to load up in the car. It is just so much fun! I love my bike. I even have tassels on my handlebars. And yes, that is a bell on there as well. The kids get a little embarrassed when Lee and I ring the bells, but you have to let people know to move out of the way.
Other things worth mentioning....Lee and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary Sept. 4th. We took a 8 day vacation to Playa Del Carmen. It was too rough to do any scuba diving this year due to hurricane Gustav, but we managed to still have fun. We went on a cool ATV tour through the jungle. Our hotel had free ice cream cones available all day! I'll have to add photos later as they are all on the laptop and Lee has that in Hawaii right now. (He assures me he is not having any fun without me and is only working.)
Brodie turned 13 in August. It really is bittersweet. It's so fun to watch them grow up, but they only grow one way and it goes so fast. He's about 1/2 inch shorter than me. Bronwen will be 12 in 2 months. It's weird to move into a new neighborhood and everyone comments that we have "older kids". Yeah, I guess we do. 5 years till Brod's an adult and 6 for Bronwen. That really is not very long. Sad huh? OK, well I'm gonna go cry now, and hopefully update before 6 months goes by.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

1. Thats a pretty sweet bike! I like the color a lot.

2. The bell? I can just see you ringing it to see how red you can turn your kids faces! lol

3. I CANNOT believe you have been married 15 years. Seems like an eternity! Good for you!

4. I still remember the day I went to the hospital when you had Brodie. I was a freshman in HS. I can't believe he is 13 now. I feel so old.

5. Bronwen- its weird to me still that she is a WOMAN now. She isn't old enough for that. Where does the time go!!!